Prop Ideas for Your Upcoming College Announcement Shoot
Congratulations! You’ve been accepted into your dream college. Creating an announcement is one of the most exciting next steps.
If you want your college announcement photos to be extra special, consider adding some props to your shots. Not sure what to use? Here are some fun ideas.
● Wear the t-shirt. Does your college or school have a t-shirt? Grab one and wear it for your announcement shoot. As an added bonus, your outfit is now sorted.
● Add a few balloons to the mix. Add a fun and colorful touch to your photos by taking them outside your new college with balloons or pom poms.
● Bring a flag along. If you are able to get hold of a college flag or sign, bring this along to your announcement photo session. No need to add any captions about where you will be going when you share your images online.
● Wear a hoodie. If the weather is a little cooler when you take your photos, wear a hoodie instead of a t-shirt. A hoodie might just be more your style anyway.
● Celebrate with confetti. There is something about throwing confetti and photos that instantly brings them to life. And since this is a celebration, why not add some confetti to your shots? You can even buy confetti in the same colors as your new school.
● Throw on a hat. Lastly, if your new school or college has given you a hat, this can be a stylish prop to add to your announcement photos
As you plan your announcement session, know that there’s no need to shoot at your new school or college. With the right props, you can shoot your announcement photos anywhere that works for you. Look out for senior mini sessions in your area if you only want a few photos to commemorate this milestone. Another option is to combine these photos with your general senior photography session.